Modern-Day Environments and Your Hormones
The human body is an amazing machine. In addition to all it does for us, each night, while we rest, numerous systems are hard at work detoxifying and cleansing our body of daily metabolic waste. Under healthy circumstances, we awake with a clean slate.
Unfortunately, the world we live in is often far removed from “healthy circumstances.” Our food supply, physical environment, and exposure to numerous synthetic chemicals increases the toxic load with which our body must contend. We were never designed to deal with pesticides and dioxins in our food or the plastics and chemicals used in beauty products and food containers. When the load exceeds the body’s efforts to detoxify, we are vulnerable to disease. Conditions related to toxic overload may include:
- Elevated cholesterol
- Abnormal thyroid hormone levels
- Liver inflammation
- Weakened immune system
- Weight gain
- Insulin resistance
- Low sperm count
Toxins are lurking everywhere. Harmful plastics, chemicals, and endocrine-disrupting substances can be found in our food, water, beauty products, household cleaners, sunscreens, and cookware. Teflon® coated pans can release toxic fumes strong enough to harm your pet bird when heated even for as little as 5 minutes. Many artificial ingredients prevalent in everyday living can disrupt the endocrine system by mimicking estrogen. This can interfere with the healthy regulation of many hormones in the body, affecting cholesterol levels, thyroid function, and reproductive health. The body simply cannot keep up with these “extra” exogenous toxins; different systems within the body may experience an imbalance as a result.
Thankfully, there are easy and practical steps we can take to reduce our exposure to environmental toxins and support the body’s efforts to rebalance. In addition, many health seekers include a detox program to gently remove the build-up of toxins while avoiding future contaminants. Effective detoxification products, such as PuraCell™, may be used for a 30-day cleanse as well as for daily detox support. *
5 Ways to Clean Up Your Act
1. Reduce use of plastics
• Avoid plastic water bottles; invest in a BPA-free reusable bottle
• Use glass and stainless steel cookware and containers instead of plastic
• Look for BPA-free products
2. Choose organic
• Choose organic to reduce exposure to added hormones, pesticides, and fertilizers
• Consider choosing plant-based meals one or more days per week to avoid toxins stored in animal fat
3. Keep it clean with safe kitchen ware
• Choose stainless steel or cast iron cookware over non-stick varieties
• Avoid plastic food wrappers and storage containers; glass is an excellent option
• Cook your popcorn the old-fashioned way – avoid microwaveable popcorn and their chemical-laden bags
4. Safeguard your personal care products
• Choose products that are free of phthalates, parabens, and fragrance
• Avoid PTFE and “fluoro” ingredients
• Support companies that manufacture all-natural products
• Avoid anti-bacterial soaps and other products that contain triclosan
• Choose natural sunscreens
5. Go green!
• Safeguard your home with “green” cleaning products
• Avoid household goods that have flame retardant chemicals
• Choose products that have not been treated with water or stain repellants
• Keep it clean with a quality vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter and less toxic carpet cleaners
• Maintain houseplants to help purify indoor air
Contact a product specialist for more information!
• • • • •
Not a healthcare practitioner? Please visit our authorized retailers for consumer products or ask your healthcare provider to contact us to learn more about professional strength formulas.
• • • • •
for practitioners and retailers
Looking for a 30-day cleanse or daily detox support for your auto-immune patients? Call today to learn more about PuraCell™, systemic enzyme therapy, and the benefits of a World Nutrition wholesale account for your practice. You can reach us at 800.548.2710 or fill out the contact form and a dedicated product specialist will contact you.
It's a Brave New World For Healthcare Practitioners/a>
Increase Your Revenue with High-Integrity Solutions
Safeguard the Supplements Your Patients Are Taking
5 Tips to Craft a Successful Supplement Business
4 Steps to Patient-Adherence