Reducing Toxic Load
The natural and holistic approach to health reminds us of two vital truths about the human body:
When given half a chance, the body has the intelligence to heal itself.
Toxicity is the root cause of chronic conditions, complaints, and dis-ease.
The body is continually, without our awareness, detoxifying and cleansing itself. The kidneys, liver, glands, skin, and digestive system as a whole play a role in our daily “housekeeping.” The body does this regularly and without complication assuming it does not become overwhelmed with too much work. Unfortunately, it is very easy for the body to become toxic by an overabundance of harmful substances that have dramatically increased in the past half century. There are two ways this can happen: endogenous toxins (originating from inside the body) and exogenous toxins (originating from outside the body).
The body can become toxic and overwhelmed when exposed to a number of dangerous and artificial compounds found in “food” products, plastics, and even the environment. To understand the importance of toxicity as it relates to health, we must understand the body’s natural process for detoxification.
The body is equipped to handle a characteristic level of endogenous toxins, assuming we are in good health, eating healthy foods, and otherwise practicing good self-care. That’s a pretty bold assumption for practically anyone living in the 21st century. In reality, most of us living in western populations are dealing with an excessive and unnatural number of endogenous toxins.
This is just the beginning. Today, many exogenous toxins compound the numerous chronic health conditions we face in the industrialized world.
Contact a product specialist for more information!
- Natural, normal, on-going metabolic waste; toxic by-products at the cellular level
- Normal and natural death of our cells, from the natural aging process
- Normal emotional and mental stress
- Unnatural food and drink typical of the Standard American Diet (SAD), i.e., processed foods, refined foods, junk foods, and even some foods that have been degraded by cooking
- Improper food combinations that result in Endogenous Toxins upon digestion
- Prescription drugs
- Over the counter medications
- Tobacco, alcohol, and all forms of recreational drugs
- Environmental and industrial pollutants
- Emotional and mental stress in unnatural excess
- Physical fatigue, both in excess or in normal amounts
- Household chemicals and chemicals found in health and beauty products
- Polluted air
- Polluted water
• • • • •
Not a healthcare practitioner? Please visit our authorized retailers for consumer products or ask your healthcare provider to contact us to learn more about professional strength formulas.
• • • • •
for practitioners and retailers
To support the body’s ability to detoxify and cleanse – to not only experience vibrant health but to avoid the leading causes of disease and early death - we must follow a path of natural nutrition and optimum self-care. In addition to increasing plant-based whole foods that are naturally high in antioxidants and phytochemicals, there are other steps we can take to reduce our toxic intake and support the body to heal and release existing toxicity.
- Choose whole fresh foods over processed and refined foods
- Avoid artificial ingredients and chemicals such as sweeteners, flavorings, dyes, and colors
- Give your health and beauty products a make-over by switching to natural products
- Avoid using plastics for eating, drinking, food storage, etc.
- Replace chemical-laden cleaning and household products
- Avoid aerosol sprays
- Reduce use of medications – use sparingly and only when necessary
As we clean up our environment and reduce the influx of toxins, we must also assist the body in releasing toxins that have been accumulating and depositing into our fat cells. This is a critical component in any effort to lose weight, restore function, and improve chronic health conditions.
A thorough detoxification protocol is designed to:
Cleanse the body of toxins *
Decrease inflammation in the gut *
Re-balance gut flora to restore immune function *
Your patients may benefit from our “3 Step Detox Program” that includes pure and potent blends to cleanse at a cellular level, restore probiotic levels, and support digestive and systemic enzyme activity. *
To learn more, please visit 5 Strategies to Get Back on Track and download a convenient guide for your patients.
Tips to Support Daily Detoxification
- Start the day with 20-32 oz. of warm or room temperature filtered water with the juice of one lemon.
- Nourish and hydrate with a green smoothie for breakfast.
- Choose quality supplements to support daily cleansing and improve intestinal health.
- Incorporate movement and sunshine into every day; small amounts make a big difference - stretching in the am/pm, walking after dinner, Saturday morning family bike ride, etc.
- Practice gratitude and mindfulness using a medium that works for you – meditation, journaling, etc.
- Rest!! Aim for a bedtime between 9 and 10 pm; if this is a stretch, try moving closer to that time just 10 minutes a night; reduce exposure to electronics/light one hour before bed.
For more details on these healthy strategies, download the complete Patient Guide to Holiday Recovery.
Supporting the Lymphatic System for Continual Cleansing
The Role and Importance of the Lymphatic System
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that neutralize toxins and flush out waste and other unwanted materials. The primary function of the lymphatic system is to transport lymph, a fluid containing infection-fighting white blood cells, throughout the body. Lymph nodes filter this fluid. They number in the hundreds but most of us are familiar with the larger groupings known as the tonsils, adenoids, spleen, and thymus. The lymphatic system defends against pathogens, produces white blood cells, and prepares active T cells. Given the importance of these functions, supporting the lymphatic system is both crucial during a detoxification period and vital to an overall healthy lifestyle. Stagnation in this system can lead to serious disease.
There are several natural techniques that restore and maintain the lymphatic system to support daily detoxification. When coupled with a healthy diet, reduced exposure to toxins, and an active lifestyle, many common complaints such as respiratory infections, ear and sinus infections, edema, and swollen glands can be avoided. A healthy lymphatic system supports a strong immune system as well.
Final Note: Typical Symptoms of Detoxification
As the body receives optimum nutrition and begins to cleanse and heal, several symptoms can appear. Although not always pleasant, these symptoms are indicators that cleansing and healing are beginning.
- Skin eruptions such as facial breakouts and mild rashes; existing conditions may worsen before improving
- Changes in digestion and elimination; stools may become looser before eventually normalizing to healthy elimination
- Fatigue – may feel excessive; your body is hard at work; extra rest is critical
- Changes in mood; some people report feeling irritable or overly-emotional
Intensity and duration vary among individuals, but they often begin to subside after the first 3-4 days of detoxing. If any of these symptoms appear, trust that the process is working and dedicate yourself to completing the full course. Rest whenever possible and be kind to yourself.
Just like you, we recognize that good health is the result of a well-balanced lifestyle, including proper diet and exercise complemented by natural and superior supplements. Our philosophy is simple: we focus on identifying problems at their source. Current conventional medicine revolves around controlling and minimizing symptoms but gives little credence to restoring systemic function. We cannot continue to ignore the laws of nature and expect to experience vibrant health.
World Nutrition’s products are the embodiment of that principle. Our “3-Step Detox Program” is designed to cleanse and regenerate* the body in conjunction with healthy habits that support cellular health, weight management, and prevention of common health complaints. Support your patients’ efforts to achieve their goals in the new year. Speak with your account manager to take advantage of this promotion, call 800.548.2710 or fill out the contact form and we will be happy to assist you.
Cleaning Up Your Act to Balance Your Hormones
7 Tips to Successfully Add More Fruits and Vegetables