Strategic Supplementation for Restoring Balance and Health:
Systemic Enzymes | Detoxification | Probiotic Support
What is “leaky” gut?
The human microbiome, defined by the entire gastrointestinal tract, has been referred to as the gateway to health. The health and function of our gut is directly linked to the health of the entire body. The GI tract is a self-contained system that acts as a barrier between the body and the outside world. It literally filters all that we ingest before allowing nutrients to be absorbed. Supporting the health of the GI tract is vital for maintaining overall health, but even more so when we are faced with a chronic disease or illness.
A healthy microbiome protects us from infection, maintains a healthy immune response, plays a vital role in digestive health, and is integral to mental health and cognitive function. With a healthy number of “good” bacteria, pathogenic bacteria that can cause illness are out-numbered and easily combated. Healthy bacteria also contribute to assimilation and absorption of nutrients during digestion. Finally, science is beginning to shed light on the role of microbiome health with regards to mental and cognitive function and its role in neurotransmitter production.
"Bad digestion is at the root of all evil." - Hippocrates
The more we understand the systemic involvement of the inflammatory response and immune system function in a wide variety of diseases, the more we understand the importance of intestinal health. The balance between these microbes, bacteria, and fungi – both “good” and “bad” – as well as the integrity of the intestinal lining affect processes throughout the entire body:
- Digestion and GI function
- Neurotransmitter function
- Nutrient absorption
- Detoxification from drugs and environmental toxins
As the GI tract digests our food, it is also detoxifying what we ingest and are exposed to before it can allow nutrients to be absorbed into the bloodstream. 50% of this detoxification happens in and through the action of the microbiome; the liver does the rest.
Microbiome dysbyosis is at the heart of most disease – a result of increased toxicity and decreased immunity. This imbalance and damage often leads to increased intestinal permeability, or “leaky” gut.
Nutritional and lifestyle strategies can improve the health of our intestinal bacteria, ultimately improving digestion, immunity, and overall wellness. *
Contact a product specialist for more information!
Contributing Factors and Manifestations
Factors that may damage gut health:
- Sugar and processed foods
- Common trigger foods (especially wheat/dairy/soy)
- Altered fats in food products
- Pasteurization of food
- Artificial food coloring
- Prescription antibiotics
- Anti-depressants (especially SSRIs) and sleeping pills
- OTC medications – NSAIDs, antacids, laxatives, mouthwash
- Widespread use of antibacterial soaps, shampoos, and cleaners
- Pesticides/Herbicides (GMOs)
- Excessive colon cleanses
- Surgeries, colonoscopies, chemo/radiation treatments
- Heavy metal toxicity/amalgam dental fillings
- Statins (anti-cholesterol drugs)
- Increased and varied use of vaccines
Strategies & Targeted Supplementation
- Insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome/pre-diabetes
- Increased cardiovascular risk
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- SIBO/IBS/GI distress
- Cognitive and mental impairment as secondary complaints (depression/brain fog)
- Chronic pain and inflammation (RA/fibromyalgia)
• • • • •
Not a healthcare practitioner? Please visit our authorized retailers for consumer products or ask your healthcare provider to contact us to learn more about professional strength formulas.
• • • • •
for practitioners and retailers
- Clean up the diet - eliminate refined/processed foods and increase whole foods
- Discontinue anti-biotics
- Reduce exposure to environmental toxins – the thyroid is especially sensitive to bromide/fluoride/chloride; toxins disrupt endocrine and GI function
- Avoid damaging “trigger” foods – wheat and dairy are especially inflammatory to the thyroid and GI tract
- Support liver health with detoxification
- Implement quality supplementation to control inflammation, regulate the immune system, restore GI tract, and support liver detoxification
a powerful blend of systemic enzymes designed to address pain and inflammation throughout the body outside of the GI tract; especially useful for patients whose primary symptoms are not GI related; may reduce thyroid anti-bodies present in hypothyroidism*
a pure and potent blend of digestive and systemic enzymes for controlling inflammation and restoring GI tract health; an alternative blend for patients experiencing GI-related symptoms*
a proprietary high potency formulation containing upper and lower GI strains, 50 billion CFU, and two prebiotics that enhance Probiotic 10/50's shelf life; probiotics are crucial when restoring balance to gut flora*
a powerful blend of cracked-wall chlorella, minerals, herbs, and enzymes designed to promote systemic detoxification to support immunity, GI health, heavy metal detoxification, and liver cleansing*
Healthcare practitioners around the globe are including the use of systemic enzymes in treatment plans for their auto-immune patients to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and support efforts to restore balance and improve chronic disease states. World Nutrition is pleased to offer pharmaceutical-grade products exclusively for healthcare practitioners. Vitälzӯm™ Xe, our flagship formula, is an enteric-coated vegetarian systemic enzyme free of toxins, fillers, gluten, and dairy and contains no GMOs. To learn more about the purity and potency of our entire practitioner line, please call us today to speak with a product specialist, fill out the contact form, or visit our website at the links below. We look forward to helping you help your patients.