Globally, consumers are looking for products with natural ingredients that are highly bio-available and carry low risk for side effects.
Consumer Demand for Natural Approaches
The healthcare and pharmaceutical industries are driven by the premise that there is no profit in natural remedies. Mainstream doctors are discouraged and even prohibited from offering natural, alternative, and nutritional treatments.
Consumer demand is changing this landscape. There is a shift happening in our culture. Increasingly, patients and their families are no longer willing to blindly follow standard medical practice as they witness continual decline rather than improvement in overall health and rates of disease.
Consumers, both in and out of the healthcare marketplace, are progressively demanding organic, non-GMO, and allergen-free products. It seems as though the hallmarks of natural and alternative treatment modalities are the same characteristics that send consumers to health food stores and holistic health providers.
“Globally, consumers are looking for products with natural ingredients that are highly bio-available and carry low risk for side effects.”1 Consumers are cautious when it comes to the safety of nutritional and supplement products; consumer trust, marketing integrity, and manufacturer credibility are critical issues when recommending and/or dispensing nutritional supplements.
Healthcare practitioners have many choices when choosing a supplement and its manufacturer. As the old adage goes, “you get what you pay for.” Great care should be taken when selecting a company to partner with as it both impacts your patient outcomes as well as your financial picture. [Read more here Choosing the Most Effective Practitioner-Grade Nutraceuticals]
At World Nutrition, we are committed to assisting our healthcare practitioners with product education, staff training, and marketing strategies to ensure a viable cash component within their practice. World Nutrition was also, however, born out of a desire to spread the word of the power and potency of systemic enzyme therapy. Our practitioner and retail customers both appreciate our philosophy and commitment.
This does not always prevent the experience of price objections from patients, no matter how carefully educated they are on the benefits of the chosen product.
Overcoming Pricing Objections
Everyone wants a bargain, but not everyone really believes they can get your product somewhere else for less. Most sales professionals agree that conveying value and benefits of what you are offering is the most successful way to comfortably handle the issue of price. Healthcare practitioners can borrow this strategy when educating their patient on what they will gain, rather than part with, when committing to a treatment plan that includes quality, professional strength nutritional supplements.
7 Ways to Deal with Price Objections:
- Don’t respond right away. Try a moment of silence. In an effort to fill that gap, your patient (customer) will often tell you what they need in order to purchase. The next step is to respond with a question or two.
- Questions that work:
- Repeat their objective and then reiterate the benefits. What will you gain? (less pain and inflammation, improvement in [patient’s complaint], safe and holistic approach to health and healing, etc.) What will you avoid? (side-effects, toxic drugs, never-ending prescriptions, etc.)
- Ask “How much will it cost you to do nothing?”
- Ask “What would you be willing to give to solve the problem of (fill in the blank with current condition)?”
- Amortize the price per day or per dose and compare to non-practitioner grade formulas available to general market.
- Recognize that people are afraid to part with their money. Money equals security. Help the patient see the value, the benefit, and the outcome to increase a sense of “this is the right thing to do.”
To learn more about the benefits of a wholesale account with World Nutrition, please contact us today. In addition to our superior and unmatched formulas designed exclusively for healthcare practitioners, we also offer a completely complimentary “Increase Revenue” program for qualified practitioners. Our knowledgeable team will help you effortlessly increase your revenue while improving patient outcomes.
We partner with thousands of practitioners and retailers to make available the highest quality and superior enzyme supplement. Call us today at 1-800-548-2710 or fill out the form to the right. A dedicated account manager is ready to help you, your patients, and your business.
PREVIOUS: Quality and Value: Choosing the BEST