Vitälzӯm® Digest is a blend of powerful enzymes specifically formulated to help the body's normal metabolic processes support both digestive function and nutrient absorption. Vitälzӯm® Digest supports the breakdown of complex proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
The body naturally produces sufficient enzymes to maintain optimal health. However, as one ages, the body's production of enzymes decreases, which may reduce normal body functions' efficiency. Vitälzӯm® Digest is designed to support the body in facilitating the building blocks for health and well-being.
Protease, protease, peptidase – Proteolytic enzymes can help support optimal digestion. Their primary function is to help digest different kinds of proteins into smaller chains of amino acids. Without proteases, the intestinal lining would not be able to absorb proteins.
Bromelain and Papain – Bromelain and papain are the proteolytic enzymes that help break down a wide variety of protein molecules in a range of both acidic and alkaline environments. They are used to help support maximum digestive health.
Amylase, malt diastase, glucoamylase, beta-glucanase – These enzymes help take the heavy load off our digestive processes. It can also support common digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating, or gas.
Invertase, lactase – These enzymes assist with the breakdown of sugars, such as dairy, into glucose, fructose, and galactose. Glucose is directly absorbed into the bloodstream during digestion to supply the body with energy.
Pectinase, cellulase, hemicellulase, alpha-galactosidase – These refer to a group of enzymes acting together, hydrolyze pectin, cellulose, and hemicellulose. Hemicellulase and cellulose break down the carbohydrates in plant cell walls. Alpha galactosidase is an enzyme that helps support maximum digestive health.
Phytase, xylanase – Phytase, and xylanase help support the breakdown of phytic acid and hemicelluloses. They allow more nutrients to be released from vegetables that have higher fiber content. Phytase breaks down indigestible phytic acid, and as a result, can support maximum digestive health.
Lipase – Lipase is an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis in which solid fats and oils are taken apart into their components.
- Alpha Galactosidase – Alpha Galactosidase is an enzyme that helps support bloating, abdominal distension, and flatulence.
- Amylase – Amylase is an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of starch into sugars — often used in fermentation.
- Bromelain – Bromelain is an extract derived from the stem of the pineapple.
- Cellulase and Hemicellulase – Crucial for the breaking down of carbohydrates in plant cell walls.
- Beta Glucanas – An enzyme that breaks down glucans, polysaccharides made of several glucose sub-units.
- Glucoamylase – Glucoamylase works together with sucrase-isomaltase and alpha-amylase to digest the full range of dietary starches in the small intestine.
- Peptidase – Proteolytic enzyme that hydrolyzes peptides (protein) into amino acids.